LilliePad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weird Wednesday

I do have to say that today started out horrible. I did not realize how angry I could get at someone who mentioned the fact that I had a miscarriage. I realized how much bottled up emotions I still had about the things that have happened over the last several months.

Here is the story:
So today our AFLAC representative came to work to see if any of us wanted to add another policy. He always starts out by asking us is there is any of the policies that we would have used over the last several months. So I MESSED up and told him that I actually could have used the hospitalization plan twice over the last several months! BAD IDEA! He then ask me why. I then explained to him that I had recently had a miscarriage and had to have several to help improve the problem. He then proceeds to tell me that I could have gotten 2300 dollars for my miscarriage. I nicely looked at him and stated, "I was not really concerned about money when lost my precious baby!" He kinda laughed it off and asked me if I was planning on trying again. After thinking this is really none of his business, I proceeded to tell him that I did want to have another baby soon and that I was really looking forward to being a mom! And then, he tells me that I might should get the hospitalization policy now because one in three women who have a miscarriage have another one. What??? Did he really say this to me?? I was DEVASTATED! I never in my life have met someone as sensitive as he was being at this very moment! I gave him a very ugly look and proceeded to go into the therapy gym. I do have to admit that I got extremely upset about this. Thanks so much to my coworkers Stacy, Will, and Paul for helping me get over this and put a smile back on my face! Although I truely believe that he was just trying to sale a policy and that he did not mean to hurt me I still believe that there was a better way to handle this!

So, needless to say, I will not be purchasing a policy for him or from AFLAC for that matter!!
Hope everyone had a great day and continues to have a great week!

2 comments:

Aflac Phyllis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aflac Phyllis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.